Cyberis is searching for colleagues to join our expanding consultancy team. We are seeking people who are passionate about information security and computer hacking, combined with having great communication skills. Professional experience in penetration testing is not a requirement for this role, however a high level of competence with computers and a basic understanding of information security concepts is essential. Consultants at Cyberis come from many walks of life and we strongly encourage candidates from outside the information security industry who are seeking a new challenge. Successful applicants will undergo a fast-paced and rigorous programme of training and guided self-study, supported by on the job experience of delivering penetration testing alongside our team of experienced consultants, before becoming an integral part of our team.
Cyberis' clients demand high quality, expert advice. Our team works closely with our clients to ensure that technical assurance work is focussed to their requirements. We ensure that the work we deliver adds value and makes a tangible difference in helping our clients achieve their wider security objectives.
Our business and client work are consultant-led. As such you can expect to be heavily involved in the lifecycle of your work, to engage with and delight our clients and to work autonomously, and as part of our team, to achieve great outcomes, and client satisfaction.
Our head office is in Tewksbury, Gloucestershire, however opportunities to be home-based are available. The ability to work from our office could be an advantage.
The work will require travel to client locations, UK wide. This is flexible and varies depending on client requirements. Opportunities to travel internationally may be available.
COVID-19 note: Whilst our offices are open when government guidelines allow, working from there is on a voluntary basis and most of our colleagues are working from home. Working on client sites is decided on a case-by-case basis and is subject to a full risk assessment to ensure the wellbeing of our colleagues and clients.
The following will be the foundation of your role, however, as a small and dynamic enterprise, opportunities to be involved in the wider development of the company and service lines, to deliver staff and client training and undertake development and research are available.
- Successful progress in Cyberis’ training and development programme.
- Delivery of high-quality penetration testing and application security testing
- Writing high quality technical reports for our clients.
- Taking part in client debrief calls
- Supporting the wider team in the delivery of technical engagements
Our ideal colleague will have the following:
- Self-motivation with a desire and capacity to learn new technical and non-technical concepts
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- A high level of technical competence with both Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- A methodical approach to solving challenging problems
- A capacity for lateral thinking
- An interest in and understanding of Information Security concepts
- Willingness to undergo UK government clearance process (SC minimum)
- Confidence, dynamism, and enthusiasm
- Great customer facing skills
- Ability to distil complex technical information and communicate to a non-technical audience
- Good time-management and organisational skills
Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications
The ability to prove the following will be viewed favourably in your application:
- A background in a scientific or technical discipline
- Programming or networking experience would be a significant advantage.
- A degree in a computing or Information Security related discipline is preferred but not essential.
- Some experience of legal computer hacking, perhaps in a lab environment.
- 1 on 1 customer facing experience
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
- Matched company pension up to 5%
- Private healthcare
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 30 days after 3 years
- 3 x salary death in service
- Excellent working conditions and environment
- Funded training options and conference visits
How To Apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.