Cyberis is a supporter of Respect in Security and has signed the Respect in Security pledge. We are committed to creating a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all of our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Harassment and bullying have no place in our industry and we will never tolerate it.
Cyberis, as a member of the cybersecurity community committed to the prevention of all forms of harassment within our industry, hereby pledges its support for a workplace and community free from harassment and fear.
Harassment is any unwanted physical, verbal, or non-verbal conduct that has the purpose or effect of either violating a person's dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for them. Harassment may be persistent or an isolated incident and may manifest obviously or be hidden or insidious. It may take place in person, by telephone or in writing, including emails, texts, or online communications such as social media. The definition of harassment applies equally to situations of direct communication as it does to situations of active exclusion of individuals, or solicitation of such communication or exclusion.
This pledge applies in the workplace as well as in work-related settings outside the workplace or outside the regular business day. We pledge that:
- We will work to eliminate harassment, to include all employees, partners, customers, and interactions. Any form of harassment, even when not unlawful or directed at a protected category, will not be tolerated.
- We will not tolerate, condone, or ignore any form of harassment no matter where it occurs, or the personnel involved.
- We will ensure that staff members are not asked to operate in unsafe organizational or social environments.
- We will empower employees, contractors and third parties to come forward with reports without fear of retaliation, and to immediately and respectfully respond without prejudice. We recognise that those reporting harassment are not in any way disloyal to the company or the community, and that everyone deserves to work in a positive environment.
- We will protect the anonymity of those reporting suspected violations to the greatest extent reasonably possible.
- We will regularly educate employees and contractors what constitutes harassment and why it’s never acceptable, while continually maintaining and actively reviewing our policy and reporting mechanisms.
- We will regularly discuss reporting protocol with our employees and ensure that we make a public version of this protocol publicly available for external reference and use.
If you wish to report harassment to us, you may write to any member of our Board of Directors in confidence. Letters may be sent to Cyberis, Unit E, The Courtyard, Tewkesbury Business Park, Tewkesbury, GL20 8GD. Any such reports will be handled seriously, in line with our grievance procedure. Where possible, the identity of those reporting harassment will be protected. Allegations of misconduct raised via our reporting pathway will be thoroughly investigated and handled in line with our disciplinary procedures.
If you wish to raise a grievance as an external party, we will follow the procedure below.
Step 1: You give us a written statement of your grievance
You must put your grievance in a written statement and send a copy to a member of the Cyberis Board of Directors.
Step 2: We assess your grievance and conduct an investigation.
If necessary, we may ask you for more information.
Step 3: We give you a written response
We will write back to you giving our response to the points you have raised.
- We will work through each step in the procedure without unreasonable delay and arrange meetings at reasonable times and locations.
- Meetings will be conducted in a way that allows both parties to explain their case.
- Records should be kept detailing the nature of the grievance raised, our response, any action taken and the reasons for it. These records will be kept confidential.