A host implementation review can provide your systems administrators with a comprehensive picture of the security of their build. Whether you are looking to gain assurance as to the standard of your internal implementations, or meeting external compliance requirements, Cyberis' Host Implementation Review will give you the answers you need.
Calling on a wealth of experience, and acknowledged industry best practices, Cyberis' consultants will perform a comprehensive assessment of the configuration of your host. Particular attention will be paid to:
- Patch management and software updating processes
- User management, password and account policies
- Operating system security parameters
- Permissions on sensitive file system areas
- Third party software installations, their permissions and configuration
The host implementation review will consider objective standards, such as those issued by Microsoft and the Center for Internet Security (CIS), as well as your own policies and build standards. Deviations from best practice and from your own standards, will be highlighted and reported upon, together with recommendations for improvements to the design.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the consistency and quality of host builds in the environment
- Understand the exposures present in your underlying host operating systems and how these may be abused by an attacker
- Use recommendations from this exercise to improve the quality of system configurations across your estate, increasing security across the board